This site is owned and operated by Footstools Direct (FD Limited) whose registered number is 6398364 and by using or accessing our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not use or access our website or place orders. These terms relate to sales over the internet only.
This website is designed for your convenience and if you have any comments or problems and any questions regarding this site and/or products and services featured on the site, please send an email to email@example.com if you have experienced technical problems while using this site please send an email to the same address.
The contract made by you on-line with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions, proposed by you.
You shall not be able to proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Before placing any order on this website we advise that all customers take advantage of our free sampling service to assess shade, handle and texture of fabrics and leathers.
- Product Specifications
- We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any goods or products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Products supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance.
- Leather products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they many not be uniform in colour or texture. Only the finest hides are selected but they will show natural marks and scars on the hide. Some leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight.
- We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitors display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product delivered. We strongly recommend you take advantage of our free sampling service to assess colour, texture and handle of fabrics and leathers before placing orders on this website.
- Our products are delivered to meet BS 5852 for flame retardancy in accordance with the 1988 legislation. All composite foam meets Crib 5 and outer materials conform to the cigarette and match tests (sources 0 and 1) meeting the FR requirement for general domestic upholstery.
- We will not accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you.
- All dimensions specified by us are approximate.
- All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- Standard delivery prices apply within the UK mainland and Northern Ireland. There is an additional charge for sundry items, for example feet or glides, when ordered separately from a footstool. The prices do vary depending on the items ordered and you should telephone us for details.
- The prices displayed on the website are for on-line purchases.
- The prices displayed on the website in relation to any on-line promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- You must pay by credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. In certain circumstances we will also accept payment by cheque. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order. In certain circumstances we will accept part payment whereby a deposit is taken on receipt of order, the balance being paid when the order is despatched.
- The contract shall not have been concluded until we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details and we have accepted your on-line order and sent you confirmation by return e-mail to the address you have given us during the registration procedure and on ordering.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- The transaction will be handled for you by SagePay. The transaction amount will be paid to footstools2u.co.uk
- We are only able to deliver to you if you have a permanent address on the UK mainland.
- We will endeavour to fulfil your order within fourteen (14) days from receipt of payment although sometimes (due to factory shutdowns, major holidays or suppliers being out of stock on certain items) delivery may take longer. Where we state "next day delivery" this is not guaranteed. Next day delivery orders MUST be received before 10am and are at all times dependent upon material AND carrier availability which may be outside our control. Where we are unable to fulfil next day delivery we will contact customers with an estimate of delivery schedule. In certain parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland, delivery times may be longer.
- Orders totalling less than 15kg may be dispatched by post or courier.
- Any changes made to the content of your order may be made at any time prior to your estimated delivery date by telephoning our helpline. Any such changes may have an impact on your delivery date. We may therefore be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur and if so, a new delivery date will be given.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your order on the confirmed delivery date, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent deliveries.
- We will deliver your furniture Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am to 6pm to any UK mainland address (including Northern Ireland). Any rejection of a specified delivery date may result in a further delays.
- You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our delivery staff consider that access is unsafe then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided.
- If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access to the place of delivery we shall be entitled to cancel your order and refund your payments less an administration fee of £45 per item plus VAT.
- If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery our liability for that damage is limited to the repair or replacement of the goods or the value thereof.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence in these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery or re-scheduling of delivery.
- Our carriers have a duty to deliver goods to the door of the address given to us at the time of order. Any handling thereafter is the responsibliity of the customer.
- Returns, Refunds and Your Right to Cancel - Distance Selling Regulations (2000)
- Under the terms of the Distance Selling Regulations (2000), you have a cooling off period of 7 working days. The cooling off period commences the day after the delivery of the goods and the period ends 7 working days later. In such circumstances, you must inform the company in writing before the end of the 7th working day following delivery. You are responsible for the safe storage of the goods whilst in your care and the cost of returning goods to us. If you (the purchaser) decide not to keep the product, it must be returned without damages, and without any use or tampering with the original packaging otherwise the goods will not be accepted and a refund not permitted. When the goods have been fully inspected after their return will refund the price, less an administration charge of £45 per item (to cover administrative expenses) which will be paid within 30 days of the goods having been returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Subject to your statutory rights, products that are made or altered specifically for you, or where an item has been produced to a bespoke design or a precise customer specification, may not be returned under any circumstances unless defective or has been accidentally damaged in the course of delivery. We cannot guarantee items under any circumstances for make up or performance where goods are produced using customer own supplied materials or where product is manufactured on a commission basis using such materials. All claims for damage must be notified within 7 days.
- If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, or in the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require compensation or other remedy, you must report the defect within 7 days of the date you receive them by contacting us in writing. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided.
- If you decide to cancel for any reason after placing your order but prior to delivery, you shall be liable for any costs associated to the materials bought and labour in the production of your order. We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
- Guarantees and Claims Under Guarantee
- The provisions of this clause 7, apply in addition to your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty products. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantor is Footstools Direct (FD Ltd). All wood frame footstools carry a 1-year construction guarantee. If the frame breaks or fails, we will repair or replace, if necessary, with the same model if available or another model to the same value. Please note, this guarantee applies to frames only; the guarantee does not cover legs, leather, fabric or cushion interiors. Please note the cracking of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or direct heat source (air conditioning and radiators) is excluded from the guarantee. Dye transfer from non colourfast plastics, fabrics and clothing (including denim and throws) is also excluded.
- This guarantee does not cover wear and tear; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- In the event of a claim under guarantee occurring, please call us with the following information:
- Your invoice number
- Your address and contact details
- A summary of the problem
- We will arrange to repair or replace the defective or incorrect item free of charge. Should a part no longer be available, it will be replaced with a part that most closely matches it.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered products over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Disputes or Problems
- In the case of a dispute, we will aim to resolve the problem immediately. In the event of a dispute or problem with your goods, you should contact us as soon as possible.
- Site Content and Disclaimers
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. We cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon the information contained on this website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of date that results from the download of any such material.
- Data Protection
- Footstools Direct operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (The Act).
- We process your personal data in accordance with the Act.
- Applicable Law
- We control and operate the web site from our offices in North Yorkshire. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this web site and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between Footstools Direct and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.